I’ll have to say a big thanks to a wonderful/’merciful’ lady and fellow blogger – Mercy of Herry Chic Counsels for putting me on the hot seat. She must have woken up one fine morning and thought of what she could do to make me rack my brain this much. May the good Lord bless you for putting me up to the challenge.
Mercy is blessed with wisdom and wits. You’re sure to find sweet counsels on faith, daily living, and such profound subjects on her blog. Kindly visit her blog to benefit from the goodness it offers.
In case you don’t know, Vogue’s 73 Questions is a video series on YouTube whereby Vogue asks celebrities 73 questions under 10 minute. Bloggers and Vloggers have also started their own version of this method, which is a way of getting to know fellow bloggers better.
Personally, I think no ‘get-to-know-me’ scenario can be more exhaustive than this. Hence, reading this is synonymous to having a significant knowledge of my kind of person.
Okay. Enough with the preamble. Let’s get to know me already…
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I wish we had Starbucks in my part of the world.
2. What does your work station look like?
Well-arranged most times
3. Favourite food?
Jollof rice or better still Nigerian Jollof
4. What do you think of open relationships?
➖ It’s a no no for me.
5. What is your favorite video game?
I don’t play video games.
6. Guilty pleasure treat?
Anything crisp and crunchy, like Pringles
7. Your favorite movie?
Hmm. 🤔Hard to tell…I’ll go for Shawshank Redemption
8. Favorite author?
Kenneth E. Hagin
9. Favourite book?
Fiction: Chinua Achebe’s Arrow of God; Non-fiction: The Bible
10. Twitter or Instagram?
You’ll find me more on Facebook
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Be the best of what God wants you to be.
13. What project are you working on right now?
📝 Working on a book
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
😎Depends on which school. Wasn’t much of a serious student in high school. I made up for it during my undergrad days though – came out with a fine grade.
16. Dream job?
Having a social media outfit/Publishing firm of my own.
17. Play any sports?
Unless strolling is one…I think not😆
18. Do you have a degree?
I sure do…a degree in English
Nigerian 🇳🇬 .
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
➕ If it’s healthy, instructive and informative, I’ll go for it.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Man-in-Christ, principled, perceptive
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
Gotham…don’t ask 😁
24. Who was the last person you DM?
A friend you don’t know😉
25: What’s on top of your wish list right now?
Getting a book published asap
26. Favorite part of the day
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
It’s still a new one. But then, with a purposeful life and sound health, what can ever go wrong?
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Waking up hale and hearty
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favourite season?
☔ Rainy…as long as I’m indoor when it’s pouring down
33. Favourite holiday?
🤶 That should be Christmas.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
One that plays the role of a detective
35. Do you like surprises?
If it’s a good one and won’t make me pass out…yes.
36. Best gift you’ve ever gotten?
The gift of a great mother and wholesome friends.
37. Which surprise made you cry?Can’t remember
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
I sometimes get the urge to talk to folks who happen to be at lowest point of their lives at the time. When I follow that urge and minister to the need, you can tell how overwhelmed they are about the gesture.
39. Do you like muffins?
Sure. I don’t get to eat them often though
40. Do you cook often?
I should think so.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I’m yet to come across it
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
pasta products 🍝
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Not sure I have one
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
😴 I’m sleeping…unless eating in the dream is part of it 😂
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Language as a tool for social engineering.
48. Best animated film?
The Lion King 🦁
49. What has a lady done or said to impress you?
Back in the day, I used to find hugging awkward. Then one day, during my undergrad days, I ran into a good female friend and classmate of mine who hugged me instinctively. As usual, mine was awkward. She then looked me in the eye and said to me: “learn to be hugged” then showed me how to do it well. Of course, I felt moderately embarrassed. But then, her action created a good/lasting impression on me.
50. The best thing to do on a first date?
Just be you and get to know each other. No pressures
51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
Being insincere with yourself and the other party
53. Best comic book character?
I hardly read comics
54. Name three things which can always be found in your backpack.
My bible, note-pad, laptop
55. Favourite drink?
Yogurt, if it counts as a drink
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
Private Trip (Denzel Washington) in the movie Glory
57. Kittens or puppies?
🚶 🚶 Not a fan of either. I still try to avoid been in close proximity with dogs.
58. Favourite sushi roll?
Local man like me…never taken any kind of sushi😏
59. What song do you currently use as your ringtone?
🎶 Sweet Praise by Bethel Music
60. What Kind of movies do you watch?
detective, crime-scene investigation, power-play, intrigue, epics/historicals, science fiction, adventure
61. Who’s your favorite televangelist?
62. Early bird or night owl?
63. Favorite Disney Character?
I rarely see Disney movies
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Working on a little but equally important project
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Not sure I can even single out one…but if I have to, I’ll go for the Rush Hour episodes
66. Movie that made you cry?
Quite a number of them but Glory should do.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Every Shade of Grace
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
I don’t have one
71. The person you want to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Watch a movie and go on a visit.
Phew! If you’ve read up to this point, then I must commend you for your forbearance. I sincerely hope I didn’t bore you with the ‘me-oriented’ epistle.
Meanwhile, I’m supposed to nominate a couple of bloggers for this challenge but I think I’ll pass on that.
Thanks for patiently reading through. Grateful.